Wednesday, July 1, 2009

TOLO! TOLO! TOLO!

We got the all clear!
Marta's cultures are all clear!
We have an embassy date of next Wednesday, July 8th (my brother's 50th bday!)!

Natalie called this morning, early, right after Belay emailed her to say that the final report is in, it's all clear and the embassy will have the papers for Wednesday and we are good to travel.
I started to cry, because I'm a dork.
I couldn't help it and didn't expect to.
(Stop laughing, I know what you're thinking..but really I didn't expect to.)

And now it begins.
We travel today to go home, to do the final whirlwind of prep to leave for Ethiopia!
We go to bring home our new daughter and become a family of ten.
It's a good thing Coffeedad was right there and heard it all too as I keep having to double check to make sure it's real...it feels almost surreal.

Just. Wow.
Finally.
Thanks be to God!!
And to all of you, every one, for your prayers and support and, everything....and now I'm starting to cry again, so I'd better go pack.

Tolo! That's Amharic for "hurry, go fast!"
We are going, to Addis Ababa.
Gabey says this: "Fast fast fast!"
Marta too, I think, will say, "Tolo, tolo tolo!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin