Thursday, February 10, 2011

Just like a Sister


It's the feast of St. Scholastica!
And I had planned on doing a little post on  her, because we are quite fond of her 'round here.  But Anchoress  beat me to it and I can't top her.  So, I'm gonna send you over.  Go, read, it's worth it.  Scholastica's got that brother-sister dynamic DOWN.  Which makes me grin; another saint that is all too human, but even so, holy!

Here's a snip…..Go
"Perhaps I just love thinking that she had “irritated” Benedict, as only a sister can irritate a brother.
"When the man of God saw that he could not get back to the monastery because of the lightning and thunder and the great flood of rain, he was irritated and began to complain: “May God have mercy on you, my sister. Why have you done this?” And she replied to him: “See, I asked you, and you would not listen to me. So I asked my Lord, and he has listened to me. Now then, go, if you can. Leave me, and go back to the monastery.” But unable to go outside, he stayed against his will in a place where he had been unwilling to stay on his own"
Go, read the post for yourself.  You'll get a smile, especially if you've ever been a sister with a brother!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin