Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Little Man Down





 My Little Man, my Anthony, is having surgery today.


It's not really that big a deal, it's the classic kid surgery, sort of: tonsils, adenoids out, plus turbinates reduced (those things in  his sinuses that are keeping my boy from breathing well, at all, and adding to his remarkable ability to generate remarkable quantities of , um, snot)
We hope that by doing this we can get this boy breathing, sleeping, and behaving a lot better, ....just feeling better all the way around.  


That may sound like I'm expecting too much from this surgery.  I'm not.  But I do know that if he doesn't sleep, it's not pretty; it's much harder for him to behave and control, well, everything.  Me too- if I don't sleep, I'm just mean.  Everybody needs to sleep, and to breathe, not necessarily in that order.  We hope this surgery can actually help make those two things happen.  What a concept.


But first we have to do the surgery and the recovery. 
Happily, it's outpatient, and we love our doc, Dr. Lee. 
Happily, my Little Man loooooves ice cream and he will have as much as he could possibly want.  But even so, I suspect he will be one unhappy camper for a while.  
Happily, I will lift the daytime tv ban, and suffer the consequences of kid zombies and acting out in order to give my little man down something to do while he is stuck on the sofa, mending.  


But, he is nervous about this.  
I'm not nervous about the surgery, it needs to be done, only a tiny bit anxious about easing him through the recovery, as easily for him as possible.  
So, it is not a fun day today for my Anthony.
Please throw a prayer his way for a successful surgery and swift easy recovery, if you think of it.


St. Anthony, pray for my Anthony today and the next week or so!

 Gabey & Anthony at home after surgery today...best bro's.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin